Justin’s birth story

Introducing our precious baby boy…

Justin Roy Parsons was placed in my arms at 6:14am on Monday 11/28/2011. He weighed 7lb 8oz and was 19.5 inches long. He is the most precious little bundle I have ever met (shocker I know!)

His birth was amazing and I never thought I would think back on it as a good experience but oddly enough I do. To feel the pain of labor and know it was going to produce this incredible and kissable face … so worth it!

I have written up his birth story and included a few photos below (click on ‘see more’)

Baby Justin,

The day you were born your daddy and I realized that we had received one of the most incredible gifts we would ever be given. You were placed into my arms at 6:14am on November 28th and my life was forever changed.

The morning prior to your birth (Sunday) we had a chance to sleep in and I mentioned to your daddy that it might be the last time we got to do that so we soaked in every last moment of having a lazy morning together. Then we headed off to church and I started noticing that I was getting some stronger contractions about every 10 minutes. I clutched your daddy’s hand with each one and we kept exchanging glances at each other with big eyes and excitement … would this be ‘the big day’? After church we ran some errands, I finished packing my hospital bags and your daddy went deer hunting (don’t worry, it was close by if I needed him). We had a family dinner at your Nana and Papa’s house and around 8pm I started tracking my contractions which were getting closer together and very consistent.

Around 10:30 the contractions were around 4 minutes apart and we knew we should head to the hospital soon. My water broke while I was in the bathroom and we once again looked at each other with big eyes and said “this is it… let’s go”! When I got checked in at the hospital around 11:00 I was 2cm dilated and contractions were 1-3 minutes apart. I told the nurses that I did not want to spend any time laying on the bed and tried a few positions throughout the room to stay reasonably comfortable. At 3am I was 4-5cm dilated and decided to move to the bathtub. The warm water and ability to stay moving during contractions was a lifesaver. As the contractions got stronger I was surprised that I was able to stay relatively focused. What was I thinking about? … the main things I focused on were the facts that I knew each contraction was temporary & that I knew my body was strong enough to get through it. I also thought about how with each contraction my body was doing what it needed to do in order to deliver you, so I knew the pain was worth it. Ironically the sermon at church that morning had been on giving thanks, even when in pain. I kept reminding myself that God was allowing the pain to get me one step closer to receiving the most incredible blessing I would ever know.

At 5am I started feeling the urge to push so I moved out of the tub and the doctor informed me I was 9cm dilated. I was relieved to know that we were getting close! I’ll spare the details of how intense things got with pushing but needless to say, you were born at 6:14 and the best part of the story begins there!

Your daddy was such an amazing labor coach! He kept saying he wished he could do more to comfort me but just having him close by and holding my hand every step of the way made me feel so loved and supported. I honestly don’t think I could have done it without him there. As we got closer to your delivery, he had a hard time holding back his emotions and he just kept telling me how much he loved me and that he was proud of me. I can’t wait for you to experience the amount of love that he has to give.  Your Grandma Lori was also in the labor room. She helped get cold washcloths for my head and was also beside me when you were delivered. It’s pretty special getting to share the incredible moment of becoming a mother with my own mama.

When you were placed on my chest and your daddy snuggled in close, I tried to soak in the first moments we had as a family of three but I have to admit I was in a bit of shock from delivery. What I will always remember, however, is the emotions of pride and joy that I could feel your daddy pouring over you.

When the nurses took you away to get you cleaned up they realized that you were continually grunting rather than crying which gave them concern about your breathing. After monitoring you for a little while and some skin to skin contact back with me, they decided to take you to the nursery for some closer monitoring. I hated to see you taken away from us! After a couple hours you returned to our arms and we were so thankful to hear that the breathing concerns had subsided.

The following morning as I woke to the sight of you and your daddy snuggling in the bed beside mine, I absolutely lost it and started sobbing with tears of joy. It finally sunk in that we were a family and to see you being loved and protected in the arms of your daddy was the most precious sight I had ever seen. That day we continued to get used to our new roles as parents and decided to bring you home Tuesday night to officially start our lives together. Our hearts were overflowing with joy!

Something we couldn’t stop thinking about during the first 48 hours together was how blessed we were to have all our prayers answered.  We asked for a healthy pregnancy … check. We asked for a smooth delivery that progressed naturally and didn’t involve medical intervention … check. We asked for our son to be born without complications or health concerns … check. Although we don’t feel like we deserve all of these blessings, we are forever grateful and give all the glory and thanks to our Heavenly Father.

“Every good and perfect gift is from above” James 1:17

I’ll share another post sometime next week with stories about our first week at home and of course more photos but for now I’m heading back to snuggle the sweetest little boy who I am blessed to call my son  🙂

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *



There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.